I hope you are doing well. I am decompressing from my trip, attending to a few things Stateside, and getting ready for my son's graduation next month in New York.
It was so lovely to share with you my UK experiences. As I replied to readers who wrote to me, sharing them with you cemented the memories in my mind, so thank you for acting as my witness. And in the last few days of my trip, by the skin of my teeth, I got the new Roxy finished and off to the editor!
This week I'd like to ask a favour of you.
Would you do me a favour . . .
Would you write a review for one my books? Every review means a huge amount to me.
They are essential for getting the attention of the Amazon bots and the number of reviews can sway a book's success or failure to a significant degree.
Even if you read a book on Bookfunnel, you can still review it on Amazon. I would very much appreciate your efforts.
How to leave a review
- Click one of the book covers in the footer below.
- Sign in to Amazon if prompted.
- Click on the number of ratings under the book title at the top to navigate to the orange bar chart that shows the reviews (or scroll down.)
- Click the “Write a customer review” button beneath the bar chart.
- Complete the boxes, if shown.
- Select a star rating. (Please don’t stop there if possible, a rating is not a review.)
- Write a headline. I do this last.
- Write a few words: a little about the story and what you liked or didn't like about it. No spoilers, please.
- Click the ‘submit' button.
- Know that I'll be raising a glass of something delightful in your honour!
Ideas on what to write in a review
These, of course, are simply guidelines, but if you are stumped for what to write in a review, these tips can help.
- What is the book about? A brief summary without giving away the plot.
- What you liked about it.
- A final word – a short and concise conclusion.
- I add the headline last because I find it hard to come up with something before I've written the review. Often, I'll take a short sentence or a few words from the review and make that the headline.
If you'd like me to know you have left a review, please just reply to this email. I will send you a personal thank you. I love hearing from you!
Don't forget . . .
There's a new Roxy coming! Catch up now so that you're ready when release day rolls around.
#1, Mardi Gras Madness is in my free starter library, you can get it here.
New Orleans Nightmare and Louisiana Lies complete the series so far. You can get those from Amazon by clicking on the pink links. The new book will be #4.
I'll be back next week. I'll have an announcement.