I hope you are having a lovely day.
I am fortunate to have a little oasis at home that I retreat to daily. There, I work and screen myself off from the outside world. I can focus on whatever world I’ve created in my head (currently Jersey) and transfer my thoughts on to the page.
In my space, I also have my jigsaw table. This week I finished my latest puzzle. Between Jersey and London, I get a break from the craziness of the time we are living through. I hope you have a similar place to retreat to, physically or in your imagination.
Books help. 🙂
Ask Me Anything
This week, I’ve answered twelve new questions on my Ask Alison website page. All the lucky readers who asked them each received $15 gift cards just for sending them to me.
If you have a question, please reply to this email and if I choose yours for a future newsletter, you too will get a $15 gift card.
Click on over to the Ask Alison page and find out the answers to these intriguing questions:
- Does your cat try to steal treats when you bake them just like Biscuit did in Murder at the Mansion?
- Were you an English major in college, or did you take writing classes to prepare you for a writing career?
- What is your criteria for a co-author – what skills must they have and how much of the work do they do?
- Are your characters completely imaginary, or are them based on real people in your life?
- What is your favorite tea to drink while writing and do you have a favorite go-to tea for relaxing?
- Do you read other author’s books in your spare time? If so, is it while you’re in the writing process for a new book – or just in between books?
- What, if any, affect has the environment or culture of the US had on your writing – themes, settings, characters, plots and/or your writing life itself – that you thinkg might be different if you had taken up the craft while living in Great Britain?
- When you begin writing your story, do you consider other stories that you’ve read, and what you liked, didn’t like, what worked or didn’t work for you? Or, do you just start writing?
- Have you ever written under a pseudonym? Why or why not?
- Why a cat not a dog in Murder at the Mansion? I’m just curious why a person picks one animal over another especially in a story.
- I have dreamed of being a writer forever! I am so afraid to try. How did you get started and what is your advice for me?
- Is there anything about the UK that you miss?