Hey there! Wow, here we are mid-October. Time is flying. I don't know about you but last year I got caught scrambling in December buying Christmas presents and food when so much had already sold out.
So this year, I got myself sorted nice and early. When I had sent the new Graham off to my editor, I bought a few hampers of British food for my family there and then treated myself to a box of British food. It arrived yesterday with all my favorites.
I can now relax!
Okay, news today: a huge apology and an update on the new book!
I'm so sorry…
- I'm always like this and I wish I weren't but it is how it goes. For me, the last part of the creative process when working on a new book usually means the following:
- not talking to anyone
- not leaving the house
- eating only when reminded
- no days off
- no exercise
- spending 10 or so hours a day at my computer
- not thinking about anything but my WIP
As a result I have an inbox full of unanswered reader's emails. I'm sorry.
Communicating with my readers is super important to me and I respond to nearly every one. If you have written to me, I have read your email, I thank you very much for it, and I promise to get back to you in the next week or so.
New Graham Update
The Case of Sampson's Leap is nearly ready. Early feedback is looking good!
“This book is captivating and spectacular.”
I don't have a cover yet, but I can share early concept sketches. The cover will follow the format of the earlier books in the series; A scene relating to the story with elements fundamental to the story included in it.
If you are interested, below are links to pages showing you the cover development process for The Case of the Pretty Lady and The Case of the Forsaken Child and the artwork for all the Graham books before the cover template is applied.
- Cover development: The Case of the Pretty Lady
- Cover development: The Case of the Forsaken Child.
- Before and after: Graham Uncovered!
The Inspector Graham series!
We are now seven books into this series and counting. The Case of Sampson's Leap is number eight. While each mystery stands on its own, the development of the character stories by now really demand that you read from the beginning to get the most out of the series.
If you are behind, here is how you can catch up:
- The Case of the Screaming Beauty (included in my starter library – to gain free access, click this link and sign up for my list.)
- The Case of the Hidden Flame
- The Case of the Fallen Hero
- The Case of the Broken Doll
- The Case of the Missing Letter
- The Case of the Pretty Lady
- The Case of the Forsaken Child
Star patiently waiting, paws tucked, for The Case of Sampson's Leap to drop…
I'll be back soon. In the meantime, happy reading!